1.11.13

A November Return

Hello all!  I hope you all had a good October.  Mine was different from past years.  I found myself at the end of September struggling with some health issues that made concentrating on anything very difficult.  I have talked pretty openly here about the car accident I was in several years ago.  One of the probable results is a series of headaches that I have put up with ever since.  Probable because there was so much going on in that month that it is impossible to definitively pin it on the accident.  I could go into excruciating detail (I actually just did but then realized how boring that really is) about the things I have tried to make them go away, but I like you guys too much.  Let's just say that October began with me paranoid and confused enough that Chris supported my decision not to let my doctor put me on any more medications and instead we are focusing on reducing my stress level and looking at other options.

Long story short, I decided to make myself take the month off from any obligations, including working on the blog.  But that does not mean I have not missed all of you.  In the midst of all the weird brain stuff writing has been something I really look forward to, even if it has become more of a struggle.

Alright.  Now that I have got that out of my system, time to go cast on all the things for Knit and Crochet House Cup!

3 comments:

  1. That is really crappy. Despite all my health issues the one thing that lays me completely out is a headache. I can't take any more medication for my headaches than I'm already taking so I just have to deal with it. I have discovered 4Head which is a levomenthol stick that I can rub on my forehead and that actually really does help surprisingly well. I don't know if you have something similar in your neck of the woods, but I thought I'd mention it, if you haven't already tried it. I'm sure you have, but there is a remote possibility you haven't. I've also found my TENS machine works well on stress related headaches. When I have those they start is my neck and migrate to the base of my skull. I pull the TENS on the back of my neck on pulse and it forces my neck muscles to relax and that really helps. I hope you find a way forward with dealing with your pain. Headaches really are crippling and I think dealing with your stress levels is a really sensible approach to take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I am glad to hear that it sounds like you are on the upswing. I hope you've found a physician that is able to help you and support your choices. Not sure if you've tried yoga, but I find it really helpful for stress. (said captain obvious).......I have not blogged much lately just bc I've been busy with other stuff instead of blogging (like kntiting). If blogging is supposed to be fun (unlike ppl that do it for a living), then yay for not blogging if it is a stressor rather than a stress relief. Good for you for realizing where you were at! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, lavender essential oil is calming and soothing,pop a few drops on a handkerchief and have it near you xx

    ReplyDelete