14.8.13

Stealthy Progress

You know what I did not realize would happen when I got married?  We share a Netflix account.  And you know what happens when you share a Netflix account?  You can't hide anything.  You have to own up to the fact that yes, I knit and watched Ally McBeal all day instead of finally unpacking our office.  And yes, I watched the Katy Perry movie again -- it's just so fun!  Honestly, I cannot hide anything because what I am watching and the frequency often reflects my mood or my current state of physical wellbeing.  If only Netflix would take a cue from my current knitting, and take the slow, stealthy route that no one will notice.


Because yes, I am still working pretty much exclusively on the Rosemary Cardigan, which has really grown thanks to all the dedication.  Last week I finished the first From the Ground legwarmer and managed to screw it up very successfully.  I decided I wanted to bind-off the top in a way that matched the cast-on so I chose to go with the Elizabeth Zimmerman Sewn Bind-Off.  Boy was that a mistake.  The bind-off is so tight that it pinches the top of my leg.  I need to unpick the bind-off and reknit it with Jenny's Stretchy Bind-Off, but one of the crucial points of the sewn bind-off is that you have to cut the yarn, so now I'm worried I won't have enough yarn.  I'm just going to have to risk it and hope that if I need it the Magic Knot will save my life.

Check out other works in progress, probably with actual progress, over at Tami's Amis!

7 comments:

  1. Droll post. Although I share a Netflix account with my husband, he doesn't know how to access it, so he never sees the binges;)

    Very nice sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is exactly why I still download my TV, instead of using the communal Netflix. I have TV Show Shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, that reminds me of when we had netflix and I watched "The business of being born" ... not knowing it was connected to hubbys Facebook account and posted "his" recent activity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Netflix now offers profiles on your account, so you can set one up for you that is separate from the one you share with your husband. Same price, same account, different queues. They rolled it out last week for this very reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing cardigan, love the shade of green.

    Here's my WIP: http://mibruno.com/en-proceso-101/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Netflix profiles!!! It's brand new and is just for that purpose.

    It also means hubby's preferences are seperate to your own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely try the Netflix profiles. But when you do, watch out for which profile gets the instant queue, I think only one person 'inherits' that, the others have to rebuild.

    ReplyDelete