6.8.13

Fibre Spaced!

I'm sure you will be completely shocked to hear that one of the primary reasons we stayed in Alexandria over the weekend was so that we could go to Fibre Space!  Or, rather, so that I could go to Fibre Space and Chris could monitor my budget.  I have to give a huge thanks to every yarn shop that includes a comfortable couch where my husband can sit and play on his phone until I call him over to choose colors and then decide on something completely different. 


I have to admit that I was a little surprised by how small the actual retail space was in the shop, but the amount of workspace and class space that was available to anyone passing through wanting to just sit and knit was spectacular.  And the lines at Fibre Space are clearly so carefully chosen that they do not require a huge area for merchandising.  If you are looking for a standard workhorse yarn this is probably not the shop for you.  But, if you are looking for something special to take your knitting over that line into true luxury you are not going to be disappointed.


I ended up with three skeins of Plucky Knitter Plucky Sweater in Sticky Toffee, a delicious bronzy orange that I think will be just perfect for Emma Welford's Heliopath Vest.  The cable work just yells out to me from the page and I cannot wait to knit it next month for the new term of Harry Potter Knit and Crochet House Cup.  I went into the shop with this pattern in mind and was torn between several lines.  Ultimately the Plucky Sweater has the most yardage for the price in a yarn I've never tried before.  Lest you think I am overly spendy, this was part of my anniversary present.  I think Chris has learned that the best gift for me can be taking me to a yarn shop, giving me a budget, and letting me pick out what is speaking to me.  He did say in his original wedding vows that he would buy yarn for me, so I must have done something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment