5.5.13

Craft Corner

Happy May!  It was a crazy week at work this week, so rather than put all of that stress out onto the blog I decided to take a week off.  Honestly, I barely got any knitting done at all.  My basket of wips has reached the point that I went into complete denial and cast on a basic sweater last night.  But out of the craziness has come something really cool -- a sewing desk!


On Thursday I walked into the back to find this baby sitting next to a sign that said "free to a good home."  It seems it was not working out for its intended purpose.  I immediately put my name on it and on Friday loaded it into my back seat and brought it home (This is what I love about my Buick.  It may look like an old lady car, but I can fit quite a lot into the back seat).  Once we got it inside I realized that it didn't make sense to keep my stash cabinet in a separate room if I was going to have a crafting desk, so Friday night found me rearranging furniture until I finally created this (Thank goodness I had already reorganized the stash to fit back into the cabinet).


I'm not done moving everything out of its dedicated storage space, but I am excited by the organizing potential this will create for other things we have stashed away. And it is amazing how much larger our bedroom appears now that I don't have my cabinet shoved into the corner.  I would say that it is helping our apartment really come together, but I'm sure that by the time I am done it will be time to move again.  In the meantime I am just excited to have a dedicated space for all of my knitting supplies, my yarn, the crochet and embroidery I inherited from my grandmothers, and even my sewing machine.  Maybe it is finally time to relearn how to use it.

 
 
Don't forget that there is still time to enter into the What's Your Beach contest and win a copy of Drizzle!

1 comment: