25.1.13

FO: LARPing with H

I am so tired of taking FO pictures in the dark!  I am sorry these photos have not been doing anything justice lately.  It's just been so cold that on my days off I hibernate rather than going outside and taking proper pictures.


These are Hermoine's Everyday Socks knit out of the Codex colorway from Gnome Acres.  Don't you just love the way the yarn almost striped?


These are the socks that introduced me to the garter stitch eye of partridge heel and I am pretty sure this will be my new standard.  I used to knit short row heels, which fit my foot well but wear fast in my work shoes.  So I started doing heel flaps but could not find one I really liked.  This one is perfect.  I love the way the garter stitch flows into the foot.  And the color popping of the eye of partridge is always fun.


I'll admit, I have not yet watched the Supernatural episode that gave these socks their name.  I have not been watching any this season.  The first three episodes annoyed me too much.  I find I enjoy these later seasons much better in marathon.


Cogsworth and I will get on that.  Right after we knit some more blankets and an igloo.  It's that cold.  I swear!

In the meantime, check out the gang over at Tami's Amis!


13 comments:

  1. I have been haunting the Gnome Acres website as I just loves some of the colors! and I am still on my cuff on my H socks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them and I've these on my needles at the moment, first sock done and second left to go! I really love the heel also and I liked that the pattern had a bit of interest so wasn't boring to knit yet easy to remember. I love how your yarn almost self striped! Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks are wonderful! I bet they'll help keep your feet warm. It's freezing here too (I'm just outside of Boston) and I just can't stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way they almost stripe, and the colors are in my range. Is that a dog or cat snuggled in your coat? Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's actually a guinea pig. His favorite hiding place is the pouch pocket of hoodies.

      Delete
  5. Did you do the full 18 repeats of the stitch pattern for the socks? I wound up doing 12 for mine and looking back, I wish I had done 15. I think the 18 would have been too long for me. I'm just curious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only did 8. I have to wear closed toed shoes to work and so I like to have them short enough to wear with shorts during the summer. I blame the fact I wore uniforms during high school and the fact that kids seem to love my handknit socks.

      Delete
  6. The new episode of Supernatural is so much better then the start of the season. Its back to normal in my opinion. The socks look great. Stay warm, its like the Arctic here too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made socks from that pattern just recently, too! I think I'll post about them next week. They turned out great, and what an awesome feeling, when you find *your* heel, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely socks! I admire knitters who do socks: a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been struggling to get decent pictures. your socks look good, love that pattern

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! That is the first pattern I want to make after I finish my 2nd practice pair. Your yarn really went well with the pattern and I can't wait to start mine! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! Stay warm in that cold. I think blankets are a good idea. The photos are not bad at all. I like your socks. Have a nice Sunday. Regula

    ReplyDelete