10.10.12

Pride Goeth (And Goeth, And Goeth)

When I started Sock the Vote I may have expressed some concern that I would not be able to finish all of the requirements on time.  And then when I started Liz Abenathy's sOcktober KAL I may have been very hesitant to tell anyone for fear I would fall into serious disaster that would leave me hating the best month of the year.  Well, they say pride goeth before the fall, but it's my birthday, so maybe they'll let it slide just this once?

I already showed you my Neon Neelys on Monday.  That single sock was all I needed to submit for the pattern prize on the 16th.  I would have knit both but I had a slight malfunction.


Yep, you are seeing that right.  Brand new Knitter's Pride needles snapped in half because of an enthusiastic SSK.  Fortunately this was after I finished Neon Neely #1 and before I cast on the second, so I subbed out the needles and have already finished the week 2 requirements for Sock the Vote.


Part of me wishes that the requirements were more challenging, but we don't listen to that part.  Plus, my sock knitting mojo is never as present as it is now.  So I should go back to working on that dreadfully boring stockinette sweater.

For more WIPs, check out Tami's Amis!


3 comments:

  1. Oh no! A broken needle! That's tragic. The socks look really nice though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that you're afraid you've overcommitted yourself while simultaneously wishing for tougher hurdles to meet. I think we're kindred spirits. ;) Also, cute sock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After snapping my THIRD rosewood needle I switched to Blackthorns and there is no turning back! Love the yarn colourway - very spinach-y, in a good way :)

    ReplyDelete