29.10.12

Managing a Weekend

Why hello, all!  I hope you had a lovely weekend.  I know I did.  Why?  Because I actually had a weekend! Not one of my fake weekends, when I manage to get two random days off in a row, but an actual weekend!  (I'm trying not to think about the fact that this is because I have to go to work today, a Monday, my standard if no other day I know I'll have this day off -- though this does mean that I am spared Laundry Day for another week)

I managed to be rather productive with my free time.  I finished the knitting on my Quilted Mitts of Crazy.  The plan is to weave in the ends today and set them to block over night.  That way any problems should present themselves before they are called into duty for Wednesday.  I hope.


I also got a bit of work done on the Sock the Vote socks.  Those will have to be kicked up to the top of the priority list this week as we are only a week out from the end of the KAL.


But the real product of the weekend came yesterday when I ran a 5K with some of my coworkers -- in costume.


Let's just say I'm glad we have gotten some cooler temperatures in the past few days, because that fabric does not breathe.  Running in costume may not be the smartest thing I have ever done, but at least I was able to move.  There was a gentleman running in a full on Doc Oc suit, complete with the extra arms affixed to a box on his back.  Overall everyone seemed to have a really good time and we were all just grateful that the hurricane bypassed us this time around.  If you are in an area affected by any of the storms out there today, stay safe.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for weekends! Boo for Laundry Day...I was spared because the washer/dryer broke and refused to dry.

    LOVE the Tobias costume!!!! Too awesome.

    ReplyDelete