6.7.12

FO: Trillian

There comes a time in a knitter's life when she finally finishes that lingering movie theater project.  That project that is always at the perfect "pick up and go" section.  That project that won't let you down because it will never, ever, end.  Sadly, that time came last week when I finished my Trillian, which had been my movie theater project since November.  It was a good little shawl, portable, easy to understand in the dark, and full of garter with just a tiny bit of interest at the edges.  It only acted up once, but that was during Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and who really can stay completely calm during that film.

I find it fascinating the number of movies that I watched while knitting this shawl.

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (twice)
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Drive
Star Wars: Episode One 3D
Beauty and the Beast 3D
The Hunger Games
The Avengers
Battleship
The Five Year Engagement
Brave
Magic Mike

Forget the fact that I actually watched this many movies, in theaters, this actually adds up to not that many hours spent knitting.  I wonder how fast I would finish my knitting if I only focused on one thing at a time.  But that would probably take all of the fun out of it.


Sorry, no modeled photos this time.  The Trillian pattern itself is quite lovely.  The edging surprised me and was pretty ingenious. I knit this one in Miss Babs Yummy Superwash 2ply in Iris that I purchased at SAFF back in October.  I love the stitch definition and the way the colors look like they are moving through the garter stitch.  It reminds me a bit of a book about Monet that my sister had when we were little.  There was a detailed passage about the water lily paintings and some of the darker ones had similar tones.  I have not yet knit a Hitchiker, but I have some plans to repurpose another skein of Miss Babs for this purpose.  It seems to be the logical progression of the psychosis.  Maybe it will lead me to actually read the book that inspired it all.


For more FOs and maybe even another finished Trillian, check out Tami's Amis!


5 comments:

  1. Its very lovely. And it is sad when your go to social knitting project ends. I always feel sad when mine end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the yarn you chose for it. It was a fast knit if just focusing on the one project. I knit mine in a little over a week. :)


    Your link isn't working in the Mr Linky, hence no comments. I'll fix that for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you compare your shawl with Monet's water lilies. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to knit during movies and a wonderful memory as well! It's sad that your journey with it is finishing, but it's an opportunity for a new project to begin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "trilogy" and the original radio series changed my life. I know that sounds a bit over-dramatic, but seriously, they influence my sense of humour and the way I think about the world even now, over 10 years since I first read the books. I suppose they warped me irreversibly, haha. In a good way, though. Definitely worth a read!

    ReplyDelete