4.1.12

FO: Time of My Life Socks

Oh look at the pretties!


These are my Time of My Life Socks (Cat Bordhi's Darjeeling from The Knitter's Book of Socks).  I had a lot of fun knitting these as my lunch break socks at work, but I'm having even more fun wearing them.


The appeal of this design is the deceptive simplicity of them.  This is my first Cat Bordhi pattern and I have to say I am understanding everyone's praise of her genius.  The arch expansion and heel construction are pretty genius.  Unfortunately it's still a little baggy on my heels.  My current theory is that I have really narrow heels, which is why I love short row heels so much.


But it was still really fun to learn a new technique.

The real joy of these socks is the yarn.  I bought this from Unwind Yarn Company during a sale and it does not disappoint.  The twist holds up well to my crazy tinking needs.  Some yarns start to fluff up after a while, but I didn't have that problem. This was also my first time knitting socks out of a cashmere blend and they are just as soft and cozy as promised.  Add in some lovely splashes of color and this really is an awesome yarn to work with.


Because I tend to knit shorter socks I have almost half a skein leftover.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I'm thinking yoga socks.  It is finally getting cold here and I'd like to be able to keep my feet warm without wearing out my regular socks.  We'll see what I come up with.

1 comment:

  1. I immediately heard the Dirty Dancing song when I read your post title...the socks look great!

    ReplyDelete