21.5.11

The Fiber, It Speaks

It has been a week since the move and we're still buried in the craziness of unpacking and organizing.  The nice thing about moving in with your best friend is that you often have some of the same priorities.  So while the kitchen has yet to be found beneath the boxes of pots and pans, the living room has almost reached the level of perfection that our television obsession demands.

Despite the fact that I've been trolling for jobs all over town and Andrea has been working crazy early shifts, we managed to take time off on Friday to go to the North Carolina Agricultural Festival here in Raleigh.


In addition to fair rides and crazy expensive, unhealthy, and addictive fried food, the festival is home to the Carolina Fiber Fest!  Long-time readers of this blog might remember that I've never been to a fiber festival, so I was very excited to go.  This was a much much smaller event, but it was a lot of fun.  We wandered through all the booths, touching absolutely everything.


I wish I had taken more pictures, especially of Andrea as she transitioned from bored to knitting convert.  We will be making a trek to a nearby lys soon, and not to buy yarn for myself.

I did make a few purchases, including this obscenely low priced wool hand-dyed sock yarn.  It spoke to me. And really, can you leave behind yarn once it asserts itself in such a vocal fashion?  I thought not.


I also picked up these lovely vintage buttons.


More on that later.

I'm now determined to go to a large-scale fiber festival in the near future.  Though I'm fairly certain I will have to save up at least as much as is needed for a successful Dragon Con trip.  Which makes the job situation just a little more dire.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome stuff! I've never been to a fiber festival either. I'm scared!

    ReplyDelete