26.4.11

FO: Rondeur

Easter is one of my favorite times of year.  It always coincides with spring break for K-12 schools, so my family gets to come down to the coast and hang out with me.  Most of the family has gone back home, but my mom is still on break, so we're hanging out as much as possible.  One of the best things about having my mom around is that she will let me drag her outside first thing in the morning to take pictures of a newly finished knitted item.


Last summer I happened to be home when one of the yarn shops had a huge sale.  I got everything I could fit in a small shopping bag for a mere $30.  I filled mine with two lots of Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk DK.  The blue became the Blue Marigold Vest and the green ended up in a drawer, waiting until I found the perfect pattern.


Enter Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark's Rondeur from the latest Knitty (Spring and Summer 2011).  Need I say more?


This is the size 34.  I'm not sure how much yardage it used, but it took four full skeins and just dipped in to the fifth.


I was not a fan of the curved hem.  Even though it's a pretty concept, I just feel like it would make me look like I was larger.  But I loved the lace detailing in the yoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment