1.3.11

#March

It is the first day of March and man does this month have a lot of group activities included. At midnight last night/this morning, anxious knitters around the globe cast on carefully planned and strategized projects for Malabrigo March (kind of like March Madness here in the States only better, because it's yarn not college basketball). Malabrigo is a highly valued and hoarded yarn that the knitting community celebrates every year by knitting as much as possible in a single month. I didn't think I was going to participate because I don't really have any Malabrigo in my stash. But last night I was playing around on Knitty, as I am wont to do at times, and noticed Quest for the first time. It's a really pretty cloche pattern that I instantly realized would be beautiful in this one lone little skein I had sitting in the closet.


I have not really had this yarn for very long. It was a Christmas present this year that my knitterly friend bought for me because she could not justify buying it for herself. She told me she could not leave it behind because it is the perfect shade of Tardis blue.


And it totally is! I have been saving it for something special and that something special has appeared! So now that I'm suddenly participating in Malabrigo March I think I'm going to pull out my leftovers and see what else I can knit up.

March is also a big month in the world of Dollhouse fans. On Wednesday March 30, the first of the new Dollhouse comics will hit stores. In celebration of this fact, we over at Echo Alert have issued a challenge -- to watch both seasons in 4 weeks. So, maybe if you're like me this isn't really a challenge because I often go through a tv season a day. But this is a community effort. Frank and I will be tweeting as we watch the episodes and are encouraging listeners to tweet and email in their thoughts no matter if it's their first viewing or fiftieth. Then every Saturday I will write up a blog post incorporating everyone's thoughts on that week's episodes. If you'd like to join us, you can find all the information in the shownotes of our latest episode.

Speaking of community efforts, March 28 will mark the kick off of the second annual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week!





I discovered the knitting blog community through last year's blog-a-long and so am very excited to participate this year. If you are a knitting or crochet blogger you can find all the information on the ever lovely Eskimimi's blog and in the Blog Hub Ravelry group.

Ok, so March is going to have a lot involved in addition to my normal writing and midterm grading life. But it's going to be soft Malabrigo and the stunning Eliza Dushku, so I think I am up for the added "work" load.

No comments:

Post a Comment