14.3.11

FO: Tardis Quest

We have a storm blowing in over the mountains today and it is making everything stand out very vividly.


Seriously, can there be any way to better spend spring break than out here? It's so beautiful. The colors that are popping up everywhere are amazing.


Last night I finally finished my Malabrigo March project, Quest, designed by Laura Nelkin in the latest issue of Knitty. I used about 3/4 of a skein of Malabrigo Worsted in Buscando Azul, aka Tardis Blue.


I really enjoyed knitting this pattern. I made the plain version in size large and it is a perfect fit. I'm pretty sure everyone who has seen me knit this got the "it's the color of the Tardis!" explanation of the hat, but I stand by my assertion. I was going to put a button on the side like the pattern calls for, but I've changed my mind. At least for now.


In addition to being in love with the color, I am a big fan of the fit of the hat. It has short row shaping to make the front longer than the back, which makes a nice cloche shape that I honestly would never have tried before this pattern.



Now I'm off to find my raggedy doctor and his blue box!

No comments:

Post a Comment