11.3.11

FO: Mom Socks

One of the things I love about visiting home is getting to photograph knitwear around flowers.  Over the years my parents have worked hard to cultivate a yard that is full of fun photograph opportunities (like making my sister pretend to be an elf on Christmas).  It is still rather chilly here, but there is definitely spring in the air, so what better way to photograph obnoxiously bright pink socks then next to a box of pansies?



These socks have been almost a year in the making.  My mom bought the skein of Wendy Happy last May for me to knit for her and it literally took earlier this week for me to finish and block them.  The poor yarn has had many false starts and missteps, but I finally decided to forgo patterning and knit a fun pair of blinding ankle socks.



I knit these toe-up using Judy's Magic Cast-On and a short row heel.  These are the socks that officially made me a short-row toe fan.  The toes just turned out too pointy and I don't really like the look of the increases.  But Mom loves them and that's really all that matters.



I'm especially partial to this heel because the striping worked out perfectly.  Sadly not to be replicated in the second sock but it was still cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment