10.1.11

FO: Unorthodox Cowl

It snowed today.  At the beach.  In North Carolina.  This actually happened last year, but I was out of town and so did not get the full joy of playing in snow that has mixed with sand.


After you gets over the initial shock of snow on the beach it is pretty much just like normal with the  big wind blowing sand in your eyes.  Only you're wearing hats and giant coats and are allowed to throw things at people.

Erica wonders why, if it's snowing, are you still not allowed to swim?
Yesterday I finished the Unorthodox Cowl, so it got quite the debut.


Dilih Wrap from Go Go Malabrigo 2 by Alexandra Tinsley

It was really cold, so I was more concerned with photographing the cowl than with how I looked.  Evidentially when I'm cold I get really really red.  Who knew?


I love this cowl.  I technically bought the ebook to get the pattern for my sister's Strawberry Chocolate Wristers, but really I wanted an excuse to make this.  I splurged and bought the two skeins of Malabrigo Chunky in Sunset (same color as the pattern because I love it that much) and it was totally worth it.  The cowl is warm, but not an intense winter item, which is fine for where I currently live.  You can also wear it around your shoulders like a wrap, but it was too cold to try to take pictures of that.

I have never knit a pattern with dropped stitches before, so now I totally understand what all the hype is about.  It's so much fun!  The pattern itself is actually a fairly simple concept, but Alexandra's writing is very clear.  The directions are very easy to visualize and make it totally worth the purchase.

My sad snow hat is starting to fall apart, so today was probably its last outing. I think I am going to make one of her hat patterns my next project because one can never have too many hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment