8.9.10

WIP Wednesday: Knitting in Line

I signed on to do a WIP [works in progress for all you non-crafters] Wednesday meme for the Blog Hub group on Ravelry, only to realize that I really don't have much to talk about (Yes, I finally got up the guts to call myself a blogger and take this craziness to the next level).  The only thing I've been working on lately is my Featherweight Cardigan, which I took with me to Dragon*Con.



I actually (surprise!) don't have any pictures of myself knitting in any of the lines in which I stood, but I was knitting.  I promise.  I actually conned friends into carrying my knitting bag for me at some times so that I would not have to carry a bag (Frank carried it for a while clipped to the outside of his bag. He looked so manly).

I think I overestimated how fast laceweight knits up.  I'm still knitting away on the initial increases.  And then it's just stockinette for the sleeves and body of the sweater (followed by a giant collar, but we won't think about that right now).  I'm looking forward to knitting the body because I can just sit and read on the porch and work my way along.


I really should be calling this WIP [Weight in Progress] Wednesday.  I just bought my first bag of the candy corn season!  (Though it feels really weird to buy candy corn in 90 degree weather)

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the cardigan! Very smart of you to knit in the DragonCon lines. I should have done the same for this year's Comic Con!

    Thanks for joining WIPW!

    Oh, and candy corn=my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color of the yarn you've chosen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally jumped on the bandwagon and did a WIPW too this week! I just don't know if I will have anything different for next week though....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always hated waiting in line until I started knitting, now I think of it as just more free knitting time! I like the color as well, can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete