20.9.10

Panthers Forever

Yesterday Chris, my parents, and I went to the Carolina Panthers' first home game of the season.  I've mentioned this before, but I am a huge fan.  My parents live about an hour from Charlotte, so we were almost inevitable fans.


We engaged in many of the rituals of football obsession.

Tailgating:

Walking a mile to the stadium because we wanted cheap parking:


And sitting in the upper deck of the stadium (this is where true fans sit, after all):


Unfortunately, Chris was not raised as well as I was, so he's a . . . *shudder* . . . Tampa Bay fan.


We had a great time.  We yelled until we were hoarse, tried not to throw things, and jumped out of our seats so much that I may have re-aggravated my knee (injured, if you'll remember, when I took that celebratory leap into the kitchen wall).  Mostly we just had a good time spending the afternoon together.


And I continued to prove that I will take knitting anywhere, though not much was accomplished.


Who won the game?  You don't want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment