19.8.10

A Few Thoughts

1. Yesterday was the first day of classes, as is today (because on the semester system you alternate MWF classes with TTh. I shouldn't have to explain this, but not everyone is on this system). They are seriously two of my favorite days of the school year. Why? Not because you can't really do any work yet. Not because I love writing due dates in my calendar (which I totally do). This week gives us something that the second semester can't. First day of college freshmen. You know the type. Wide-eyed, scared to death, still too timid to try to knock me off the sidewalk with a skateboard. It's hilarious to watch.

2. Our dog died Monday night. She was very very old and sick. Evidentially my dad and brother got her out from under the deck and put her in the garage to try to help her out, but she still didn't want to eat or drink anything. My sister told me when they found her all the other animals were with her (we have a lot of pets. It's just the way things have always been at my house).

3. I'm taking Jewish Humor as one of my two seminars this semester. It has nothing to do with my thesis, and it is awesome.

4. I confirmed a third member of my thesis committee, which means I can now get the paperwork started. This led to me jumping around in the hallway, much to the amusement of our secretary.

5. Alana of Never Not Knitting has released a new pattern called the Shawl Collared Cowl. As with all of her patterns it immediately went into the queue and wish list, but then last night I bought yarn that I plan to use for it. I can't help myself. I'm so desperate for autumn. It's like my brain thinks that if it lines up enough cool weather projects the world will get with the program and cool off.

6. I'm trying to run but it's too hot at 6:30 in the morning and then I can't breath and then it's just bad and stuff. Maybe I'll try running at night.

7. I took the stitches out of my leg last night (I had an encounter with my kitchen wall the day before I went to DC. Two words: puncture wound). It felt really weird.

8. I'm starting a new knitted garment, but more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment